We do not currently have any vacancies for paid employment.
We are a small but ambitious credit union with plans to upgrade our IT system and expand our membership to enable us to deliver our services to everyone in our common bond area of Hastings & Rother. Our members decide how the credit union is run through our annual general meeting. We are authorised and regulated by the Prudential Regulatory Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority. .
We are looking for people with the skills we need to help us move forward with several specific roles which we have listed below. Whilst we are looking for volunteers who can commit a few hours a month on a regular basis we would welcome applications from people who are able to offer us some time on an ad hoc or one-off basis for specific pieces of work. We work flexibly and much of the work can be undertaken outside office hours and training will be provided.
For more information about please contact our chair Richard Street or our Senior Manager Dawn Poole at email@example.com or call 01424 202651. We will seek your permission before undertaking a DBS check and contacting referees as these are an essential part of our recruitment process.
Compliance & Risk Management
Can you help with managing compliance and risk in the credit union, in particular:
- Ensuring each internal/external risk of the credit union is identified, assessed, reported and monitored and assisting the manager with managing and mitigating those risks
- Maintaining the risk register
- Making monthly reports to the board of directors
- Providing training and support in the area of risk management to officers of the credit union
- Supporting the board of directors in promoting a culture of risk awareness, identification and management at every level within the credit union.
The Supervisory Committee, also referred to as Internal Audit, is responsible for ensuring the credit union is run in accordance with its rules and regulations. It operates independently from the Board of Directors, staff and volunteers. Skills required are:
- Ability to check that all aspects of the credit union are run according to its own rules and those of the Regulators
- Carry out internal audit checks
- Report to The Board of Directors regarding the correct running of the credit union.
- Supervisory Committee members must have appropriate accountancy or audit experience and qualifications to carry out this role. Please get in touch if you would like to check if you meet these requirements.
If you can spare a few hours each month we are specifically looking for board members with professional experience in accountancy, audit and risk and data protection as we expand our organisation.
Volunteer application form